Prerequisites for the Remote Download process
- You will need a tachograph with an active remote functionality (VDO V1.3a and up, Stoneridge Rev. 7.3 and up).
- Vehicle has to be equipped with a tachograph enabled for the Remote Download process as well as an onboard-unit (OBU); they have to be installed at the tachograph’s anterior interface (K-line) and the real interface (CAN0). The OBU’s SIM card has to be activated.
- Make sure the OBU was professionally installed and expertly connected to the tachograph. Ensure that the AMSEL Installation Test (after installing the OBU) was successful.
- You need a computer with at least a DSL connection to the internet; you might also need to acquire rights for modifying and adding security settings within your company owned network. An USB card reader for inserting the company card is also necessary.
- Installation TACHOListener (refer to note in chapter 2).
These components establish the communication between hardware the web portal; it is a requirement for uploading driver and vehicle data.
- Any browser for installation and usage of the program (Mozilla Firefox, EDGE, Chrome etc.)
- Valid company card
Make sure that a valid company card (please check expiration date) which holds data on all associated vehicles is inserted in a USN`B card reader; the latter has to be connected to a computer; you need to be able work on that computer.
- Settings for distinct Remote Download schedule for any driver or vehicle data can be adjusted at the webportal under the menu option “Management/Remote Download Scheduler”. As a standard, vehicle data will be uploaded automatically every 30 days, every two weeks.
- Make sure the tachograph does not hold the service card.